Are you looking for more than just a job? Come and be a part of a team that is reaching the lives of millions and will change your life forever. You will experience Christian faith put into action by providing HOPE and changing lives for eternity. We are a Christ-centered, multi-denominational 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization.
The SAT-7 USA Mid-Level Donor Representative is responsible for building relationships with mid-level donors, including individuals, foundations, and corporations, responsible to enhance revenue relationships, while cultivating new avenues for fundraising and prayer resulting in ministry growth and impact. The Mid-Level Donor Representative reports to the President and works as a member of the fundraising team with other staff members at SAT-7 USA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct development strategies within a defined geographic area to build and to achieve over time an annual fundraising goal of $1 million or more:
- Identify new prospective major donors ($26K to $250K cumulative annual) developing these relationships, resulting in new gifts to SAT-7.
- Work with existing donors to increase funding levels.
- Network with existing donors to meet new potential donors and convert these relationships into tangible financial support.
- Express appreciation to donors, recognizing, thanking, and educating them re the impact of their support upon SAT-7.
- Encourage donors to pray for the ministry of SAT-7.
- Facilitate major donor participation in key development events and activities such as Vision Trips, Briefings, Middle East HOPE Getaway, etc.
- Effectively use donor management technology, e.g. Virtuous, and other resources to assess giving potential and track donor communications and progress toward fundraising goals.
- Achieve outcomes-based objectives to accomplish responsibilities effectively and efficiently with minimal direct supervision.
- Be a team player, working well with other development staff to help achieve team goals.
- Recognizing that every employee of SAT-7 USA is called by God to this ministry to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ, employee shall (1) take advantage of opportunities to lead and participate in Christian prayer with fellow staff, donors, constituents, visitors, and affiliates of the ministry, (2) always be prepared to give a reason for the hope you have in Jesus Christ (1 Peter 3:15) and take advantage of any opportunities presented to share the Gospel with those who have not trusted in Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20), (3) provide Biblical, God-glorifying encouragement (Romans 1:12) to fellow staff and international partners and affiliates, and (4) actively attend and participate in any small or larger corporate prayer and worship gathering provided by SAT-7 USA.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the President.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a mature, growing Christian faith as defined by agreement with the Statements of Faith set forth in SAT-7 USA’s Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal holiness in imitation of Jesus Christ for the glory of God the Father in all things.
- Person of character and integrity, trustworthy and reliable.
- Healthy, affirming relationships with family, spouse, and others.
- Passionate commitment to world missions, specifically Middle East and North Africa, and SAT-7’s mission and ethos.
- Articulate and personable; excellent organizational skills; professional in demeanor and written and oral communication; makes a favorable first impression in terms of appropriate appearance and manner; comfortable relating to a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Self-starter, capable of working effectively, usually alone, from a home office. Able to plan and conduct trips and implement a personal work schedule.
- General understanding of the business community and strong track record in developing relationships with donors from various constituencies, including persons of influence and affluence.
- Ability to develop and deliver compelling communications to a variety of audiences and individuals.
- Experience relating skillfully and sensitively to the Christian Church community and international organizations.
- Developing understanding of cross-cultural experience overseas, knowledge of the Middle East and Islam.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience successfully raising significant resources from donors, including tracking and reporting of progress towards goals.
- Travel 25-50% of the time—primarily domestic travel but also periodic attendance at SAT-7 meetings and occasional overseas travel to SAT-7’s international office or facilities in the Middle East or North Africa.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND OVERSIGHT
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.
Apply online by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button below, or fill out this PDF application and email it to email@example.com.