Are you looking for more than just a job? Come and be a part of a team that is reaching the lives of millions and will change your life forever. You will experience Christian faith put into action by providing HOPE and changing lives for eternity. We are a Christ-centered, multi-denominational 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization.
The SAT-7 USA Senior Development Director is responsible for building relationships with major donors, including individuals, foundations, and corporations, ultimately to solicit their financial, prayer, and volunteer support for the SAT-7 ministry. The Senior Development Director reports to the Vice President for Development and works as a member of the fundraising team with other development officers and SAT-7 USA office staff.
A Statement of Faith is required in the application process.
(NOTE: Religious corporations are exempt from the federal laws that EEOC enforces when it comes to the employment of individuals based on their particular religion)
EXECUTIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Articulate effectively, credibly, and passionately the mission and vision of SAT-7, the opportunities and challenges of missions within the “Ten-Forty” Window, and the biblical call to proclaim the Gospel to men and women of every race, nationality, ethnicity, and culture.
- Manage major USA foundation relationships as assigned.
- Conduct development strategies within a defined geographic area to achieve an annual area fundraising goal of $1 million or more:
- Identify and develop relationships with new donors, and solicit existing donors to increase funding levels.
- Network with existing donors (individuals, foundations, corporations) to meet new potential donors and convert these relationships into tangible financial support.
- Express appreciation to donors, recognizing, thanking, and educating them regarding the impact of their support upon SAT-7.
- Encourage donors to pray for the ministry of SAT-7.
- Facilitate major donor participation in key development events and activities.
- Effectively use donor management technology and other resources to assess giving potential and track donor communications and progress toward fundraising goals, and regularly record interaction and research in the donor management software.
- Achieve outcomes-based objectives to accomplish responsibilities effectively and efficiently with minimal direct supervision.
- Be a team player, working well with other development staff to help achieve team goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Vice President for Development or the President.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a mature, growing Christian faith as defined by agreement with the Nicene Creed and Lausanne Covenant.
- Recognizing that every employee of SAT-7 USA is called by God to this ministry to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Vice President of Development shall (1) take advantage of opportunities to lead and participate in Christian prayer with fellow staff, donors, constituents, visitors, and affiliates of the ministry, (2) always be prepared to give a reason for the hope you have in Jesus Christ (1 Peter 3:15) and take advantage of any opportunities presented to share the Gospel with those who have not trusted in Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20), (3) provide Biblical, God-glorifying encouragement (Romans 1:12) to fellow staff and international partners and affiliates, and (4) actively attend and participate in any small or larger corporate prayer and worship gathering provided by SAT-7 USA.
- Person of character and integrity, trustworthy and reliable.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience successfully raising significant resources from donors, including the tracking and reporting of progress towards goals.
- Healthy, affirming relationships with family, spouse, and others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, capable of editing materials and writing proposals and reports for donors.
- Passionate commitment to world missions, specifically Middle East and North Africa, and SAT-7’s mission and ethos.
- Articulate and personable; excellent organizational skills; professional in demeanor; makes a favorable first impression in terms of appropriate appearance and manner; comfortable relating to a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Self-starter, capable of working effectively, usually alone, from a home office. Able to plan and conduct trips and implement a personal work schedule.
- Strong track record in developing relationships with donors, especially foundations and corporate family foundations.
- Experience relating skillfully and sensitively to the Christian Church community and international organizations, remaining ministry-focused and nonpolitical.
- Developing understanding of cross-cultural experience overseas, knowledge of the Middle East and Islam.
- Travel 25-50% of the time—primarily domestic travel but also periodic attendance at SAT-7 meetings and occasional overseas travel to SAT-7’s international office or facilities in the Middle East or North Africa.
Full-time with benefits
ACCOUNTABILITY AND OVERSIGHT
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person so assigned.
Apply online by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button below, or email Dr. Rex Rogers, including an expression of interest, resume, and any other pertinent materials. A search will continue until the position is filled.