SAT-7 and COVID-19
THIS PAGE EXPLAINS HOW WE ARE MAINTAINING OUR MINISTRY IN LIGHT OF THE CORONAVIRUS. WE WILL UPDATE IT WITH FURTHER INFORMATION AS NECESSARY.
The word “unprecedented” has been used a lot in the past two weeks to describe COVID-19, now designated the Coronavirus Pandemic.
We do not fear, we have faith, but we also reject foolishness by using the resources God gave us to prepare, to take preventative precautions, to protect ourselves and to love our neighbor.
We’re all working with a “New Normal,” and it appears this may continue for several months to come. So we’re taking actions to adjust our operations.
SAT-7 USA is:
- restricting travel and working largely from home.
- meeting for prayer and decision-making online.
- calling our donors and friends, checking on and praying for them.
- scheduling online seminars, conversations, and prayer times with supporters and staff.
- producing more videos and other resources to reinforce our friends in this difficult time.
SAT-7 in the Middle East and North Africa
In this unprecedented worldwide health crisis, SAT-7 is:
- still broadcasting daily, the way, the truth, and the life in Jesus Christ throughout the Middle East and North Africa.
- presenting live, interactive programs, informing, encouraging, and blessing our viewers.
- teaching children to not be afraid but to take action like washing their hands.
- realizing that with its capacity to broadcast directly into homes, SAT-7’s ability to connect isolated and anxious people with the fellowship of believers in the Church is critical for providing information and hope.
- connecting with MENA churches, most of which are closed, assisting them in ministering to their congregations.
- working to protect and care for the health and well-being of our staff.
- suspending travel, working at home where possible, conducting meetings online.
- praying for our viewers, donors, and friends.
SAT-7 is well used to working in challenging contexts, where believers are unable to worship freely, isolated without fellowship and living in danger. While for most Christians in the West these are totally new experiences, for many believers in the Middle East and North Africa the COVID-19 virus is just intensifying trials that they already know only too well.
Studios are taking necessary precautions to prevent a spread of the virus while filming live broadcasts.
- For Christians in the Middle East and North Africa as they live with the coronavirus outbreak and the restrictions placed upon them, that they will find peace and comfort through SAT-7’s programs.
- For the SAT-7 teams across the world as they make God’s love visible to the people of the Middle East and North Africa at this difficult time, that their work will bring joy in the midst of fear and uncertainty.
- For the SAT-7 staff in support offices as they work apart and connect via phone and the internet, that they will be sustained and strengthened day by day and serve supporters and donors effectively.
We are so grateful for the generosity of our supporters and will welcome any help you are able to give at this time.
Online donations are easiest for us to process for the time being using the link below. We are only able to send out receipts by email.
Thank you so much.