SAT-7’s podcast: Unconventional Ministry sits down for an interview with Ben Nolot, Founder and CEO of Exodus Cry.
Season 2 EP7
Mr. Nolot is the Founder and CEO of Exodus Cry, a nonprofit committed to the abolition of human trafficking. He and his wife began to investigate this global issue in 2007, and they have since strived to break the cycle of commercial sexual exploitation and help and empower the victims of this. Mr. Nolot also wrote, directed, and produced the award-winning documentary Nefarious in 2011, which uncovers the trends of modern-day sex slavery.
Topics in his interview:
- Initial investigations and research into human trafficking
- The unexpected gift that helped launch their ministry
- Undercover mission in Shanghai which resulted in rescuing 8 children
- Definition of human trafficking
- People groups who are more vulnerable to exploitation
- The money involved in the industry of human trafficking
- Description of tactics used to target women
- The commercial side of the industry, effects of looking at pornography
- How to be involved in outreach to women to bring them freedom
The National Human Trafficking Hotline is 1-888-373-7888. If you or someone you know is being victimized by human trafficking, please do not hesitate to reach out.