SAT-7’s podcast: Unconventional Ministry sits down for an interview with Dr. Margi McCombs, Director of Children and Teen Trauma and Healing with the American Bible Society.
Season 2 EP6
Dr. McCombs is the Director of Children/Teen Trauma and Healing with the American Bible Society. Dr. McCombs helps to train facilitators around the world, providing them with the mental health resources to help youth respond to and heal from trauma. A website she recommends for resources is traumahealinginstitute.org.
Topics in her interview:
- Her work at a trauma healing camp in Jordan
- Story of how one teenager opens up at camp about his family’s difficulties
- How people who are wounded are especially open to God’s healing
- How the Bible plays a role in culture
- The level of need that exists throughout the world because of pain
- Descriptions of the curriculum that offers healing and hope
- How prisons are the largest mental health facilities in the world
- The process of people around the world being trained to minister to kids in their communities
- How kids let go of their trauma
- How to get involved in trauma training