SAT-7’s podcast: Unconventional Ministry sits down for an interview with Mike Prior, President of Financial Planning Ministry.
Season 2 EP5
Mr. Prior is the President of Financial Planning Ministry (FPM), a nonprofit that helps individuals and families establish estate plans. He has over 30 years’ experience with the ministry and enjoys helping people make the needed preparations that can benefit them throughout their lifetime. FPM has a partnership with SAT-7, along with over 100 other organizations doing ministry.
Topic in his interview:
- The unique ministry opportunities from helping families with special needs
- How his knowledge and skills early in life led him to various ministry positions
- How a sabbatical led him to law school
- Early beginnings of Financial Planning Ministry
- Estate planning in a Christian context
- The Biblical mandate for an orderly transition
- How necessary paperwork can save tens of thousands of dollars in fees
- How a bake sale pulled a department through tough financial times
- Forming a partnership with SAT-7
- Two recommendations for listeners