SAT-7’s podcast: Unconventional Ministry sits down for an interview with Stan Jeter, Founder and CEO of Global News Alliance.
Season 2 EP10
Mr. Jeter is the Founder and CEO of Global News Alliance (GNA), which offers stories of hope and inspiration from around the world. In forming the nonprofit GNA, he hoped to help fill the “news vacuum” of Christian television of the ’80s and ’90s. In recent years, the organization coined the term “Smartphone Journalist,” which encourages people of any background to tell stories of what God is doing in their local communities through their smartphones.
Topics in his interview:
- A time when he saw God’s hand show up
- His witness of Luis Palau sharing the Gospel in a practical way
- His passion for the Latina people and love for their culture
- His work in broadcast radio in Hispanic countries
- His views on the lack of coverage of the work Christians do globally
- The goal to increase the number of “God stories” so we can gain perspective
- Training ordinary people to report Christian news, a concept called “smartphone journalism”
- His perception of SAT-7 and its ability to go behind closed doors