SAT-7’s podcast: Unconventional Ministry sits down for an interview with Dr. Terry Ascott, Founder and President of SAT-7.
Season 2 EP4
Dr. Terence “Terry” Ascott is the Founder and President of SAT-7. He has a passion for making Christ known in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), realizing the importance of television as a means to doing this. He helped launch SAT-7 as the first Arabic language Christian satellite television channel. SAT-7 began with just a 2-hour broadcast in 1996, and today SAT-7 is on four channels broadcasting 24/7!
Topics in his interview:
- Transfer of a passion for Christian literature to utilizing television for the sake of the Gospel
- Observations of a growing popularity of television in the 80’s
- How to redeem the media for Christian truth
- Origin of the Gospel story
- Giving the Church in the Middle East a platform
- First broadcast of SAT-7
- God’s financial provision
- Team’s visit to Yazidi refugee camp
- Comparison of MENA audience then and now
- Rejection of mainstream religion in the Middle East
- Growing value of social media